Sunday, June 2, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - A Little Different Edition

Yesterday was my daughter's (she is the dance teacher and studio owner) dance recital dress rehearsal for her June production of Shrek.  What a cute show....lots and lots of characters and fun music and dance.  So since it's "anything goes" on Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday....it's dance photos for me.....nothing posed, all taken during the show.  When I finally decided to come to the dress rehearsal to take pictures until waiting for the night of the performance became an aha moment for me.  Why it took me so many years to figure that out is beyond me....it certainly doesn't take a genius to realize that by coming to the dress rehearsal I could stand right next to the stage to take shots and nobody would tell me to sit down. Like I said....an "aha" moment.  And nobody said you can't teach an old dog new tricks....proof positive right here.  And oh....by the way, there are way more than 5 photos.  This is just a drop in the bucket.















I love to see the joy on these children's faces and know that my daughter has brought this into their lives.

"Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth."  ~ Souza

Until next time....

23 comments:

  1. wow! great costumes! i can imagine it was a fantastic performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, Deanna!! As a former dancer I love these even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Terrific pics. Glad you decided to share them for the Scavenger Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully captured candid shots!
    That little one in her blue costume gazing into your camera is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your unobstructed shots and the girls all look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Great shots and great idea to go to the rehearsal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it was very, very entertaining. Love the 3 Blind Mice - so much fun. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much fun! Love Shrek & Donkey - Shrek's face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They will remember her and this experience forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I will remember to go to the dress rehearsal if my kids are ever in plays or dances. Love the pic of the little dancer in blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like so much fun.....the dancing and photographing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fantastic show! So many photo ops for you :). My favorite is the very last one.....and the little cherub in the blue and white costume!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun that you get to take pictures before the actual show, I never get to do that. My granddaughter is in Little Mermaid this coming weekend she will be a snail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! It looks like it was a lot of fun to be in and to see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! Yes to dress rehearsal--it's the only way to go! Very cool experience for you to see all that your daughter has done. It must be amazing and so heartwarming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are fantastic. Your daughter's show is so much better than the dance recitals my kids had.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply Delightful. Looks like everyone is really having a wonderful time. Great idea to do the Dress Rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...and you learned this lesson well, Deanna. Splendid shots of these young artists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun and what fabulous costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How proud you must be of your daughter. And rightly so! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful this must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my gosh! dance shows bring back such vivid memories. My oldest daughter danced from age 4-15... the later years in a competitive dance company & also a ballet troupe. Dance was her life! the studio was her family!! (which was great because the girls at school had gotten pretty "catty" by that time). My youngest was every bit as talented, but didn't like to dance in front of people (making the seasonal dance shows painful). But, by college, she had gotten over her shyness and was in the campus ballroom dance club (swing, ballroom, salsa, waltz). Ah, I loved those days.
    Adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.